I’ve been tracking the books I’ve read since 2017. Here’s a running list.
Books I read in 2019 (47 books, so far)
See the books I read in 2019 on Goodreads.
- Red Queen. Aveyard, V.
- Red at the Bone. Woodson, J.
- The Testaments. Atwood, M.
- Siege: Trump Under Fire. Wolff, M.
- Where the Crawdads Sing. Owens, D.
- Recursion. Crouch, B.
- The Play About the Baby. Albee, E.
- 13 Things Mentally Strong Women Don’t Do. Morin, A.
- Severance. Ma, L.
- Raptor Red. Bakker, R.
- Normal People. Rooney, S.
- Educated. Westover, T.
- Who Moved My Cheese. Johnson, S.
- The Farm. Ramos, J.
- Norco ’80: The True Story of the Most Spectacular Bank Robbery in American History. Houlahan, P.
- The 5 Love Languages of Children. Chapman, C., Campbell, R.
- Golden State. Winters, B.
- The Threat: How the FBI Protects America in the Age of Terror and Trump. McCabe, A.
- The Night Tiger. Choo, Y.
- Connecting the Dots: Lessons for Leadership in a Startup World. Chambers, J.
- The Elephant in the Room: One Fat Man’s Quest to Get Smaller in a Growing America. Tomlinson, T.
- Ladies Who Punch: The Explosive Inside Story of “The View.” Setoodeh, R.
- The Hot Zone: The Terrifying True Story of the Origins of the Ebola Virus. Preston, R.
- Billion Dollar Whale: The Man Who Fooled Wall Street, Hollywood, and the World. Wright, T.; Hope, B.
- Friday Black. Adjei-Brenyah, N.
- Love Poems for Married People. Kenney, J.
- Ghost Wall. Moss, S.
- Dreyer’s English. Dreyer, B.
- The Silent Patient. Michaelides, A.
- My Sister, the Serial Killer. Braithwaite, O.
- The Water Cure. Mackintosh, S.
- An Anonymous Girl. Hendricks, G.; Pekkanen, S.
- Calypso. Sedaris, D.
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine. Honeyman, G.
- The Fifth Risk. Lewis, M.
- Your Best Year Ever: A 5-Step Plan for Achieving Your Most Important Goals. Hyatt, M.
- The Great Believers. Makkai, R.
- Pandemic. Cook, R.
- Those Who Knew. Novey, I.
- Florida. Groff, L.
- The Witch Elm. French, T.
- American Prison: A Reporter’s Undercover Journey into the Business of Punishment. Bauer, S.
- Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up. Kondo, M.
- Bird Box. Malerman, J.
“She buries her failure in this, as she buries all her failures, in reading.” Florida
Books I read in 2018 (28 books)
See the books I read in 2018 on Goodreads.
- Why Not Me? Kaling, M.
- The Immortalists. Benjamin, C.
- Sharp Objects. Flynn, G.
- An Elderly Lady Is Up to No Good. Tursten, H.
- The Kiss Quotient. Hoang, H.
- Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis. Vance, J.
- Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton’s Doomed Campaign. Allen, J.
- Little Fires Everywhere. Ng, C.
- Live Fast Die Hot. Mollen, J.
- Fear: Trump in the White House. Woodward, B.
- Any Man. Tamblyn, A.
- The Wife Between Us. Hendricks, G.; Pekkanen, S.
- Baby Teeth. Stage, Z.
- Drinking and Tweeting and Other Brandi Blunders. Glanville, B.
- Landwhale: On Turning Insults Into Nicknames, Why Body Image Is Hard, and How Diets Can Kiss My A**. Baker, J.
- There There. Orange, T.
- A Higher Loyalty. Comey, J.
- The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning: How to Make Your Loved Ones’ Lives Easier and Your Own Life More Pleasant. Magnusson, M.
- Wives, Fiancées, and Side-Chicks of Hotlanta. Whitfield, S.
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette. Semple, R.
- Today Will Be Different. Semple, R.
- Life on the Ramona Coaster. Singer, R.
- World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War. Brooks, M.
- The Handmaid’s Tale. Atwood, M.
- Charlie Wilson’s War: The Extraordinary Story of How the Wildest Man in Congress and a Rogue CIA Agent Changed the History. Crile, G.
- Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup. Carreyrou, J.
- Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House. Wolff, M.
- What Happened. Clinton, H.
“Elizabeth was borrowing behaviors and management techniques described in Walter Isaacson’s biography of the late Apple founder. They were all reading the book too and could pinpoint which chapter she was on based on which period of Jobs’s career she was impersonating.” Bad Blood
Books I read in 2017 (3 books)
- Mrs. Fletcher. Perotta, T.
- The Leftovers. Perotta, T.
- Game Change: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime. Heilemann, J.; Halperin, M.
“Amanda looked wistful. ‘There’s so much to read, but all I do is watch Netflix and play Candy Crush. I feel like I’m wasting my life.’” Mrs. Fletcher
Read and reflect with me